The following linked resources to assist you, your family, or friends with various health issues. You can also find print resources in the library.
- Stop Bullying - This site has helpful resources for teens that are being bullied or would like to learn more information about bullying.
- Massachusetts Al-Anon and Alateen - Alateen is a fellowship of young Al-Anon (Alcoholics Anonymous) members, usually teenagers, whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking. Call 508-366-0556 or email Massachusetts Al-Anon and Alateen to reach the Massachusetts area office.
- Massachusetts Substance Abuse Information and Education Helpline - This site is a good resource for finding a local treatment center and getting help with drug abuse issues. Call 800-327-5050.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens - This site has the facts on drugs and drug abuse. It is geared towards teens and has information for teens who feel that they or someone they know, may have a drug problem. Call 800-662-4357.
- Bridge over Troubled Water - Boston - If you are homeless or thinking about running away from home, Bridge Over Troubled Water has resources to help you. You can visit their site in Boston or call their hotline! Call 800-786-2929. Located at:
Bridge Over Troubled Waters
47 W Street
Boston, MA 02111
LGBTQ - Specific Resources
- GLBT National Help Center
National Youth Talkline Phone: 800-246-7743
- The Trevor Project - The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13 to 24. Call 866-488-7386.
- Transgender Hotline
- Cutting and Self Harm Resource
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) MA - This site has some helpful resources on a variety of topics for teens dealing with a mental illness or dealing with friends/family with a mental illness. Call 877-382-1609
- National Eating Disorder Association
- Safe Alternatives Hotline
Relationships / Abuse
- Jane Doe Inc. - The Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence: free and confidential support for you, family members, and friends. If you or a friend have experienced sexual assault visit this site for information or call the SafeLink number. Call 877-785-2020
- Love Is Respect - This site is a great resource for developing healthy relationships and to find help if you are in (or you think you might be in) an abusive relationship. Call 866-331-9474 or text, "loveis" to 22522
- National Child Abuse Hotline
- Planned Parenthood - For information regarding sexual health, unplanned pregnancy, STD Screenings, and birth control. Call 800-258-4448
- Sex, Etc.Org - For information regarding sexual health and questions you may have
- Suicide Hotline