- Books & More
- Museum Passes
Book a museum pass online with your library card number by selecting an option below. Reservations can be cancelled using the link provided in the confirmation email or by contacting the library at 781-270-1693.
Due to the ever-changing operations of museum passes, it is important that you review the information provided when selecting and booking your library pass. Many museums currently require pre-booking and appointed time entry assignments, which can require you to not only reserve a museum pass for the correct date from the library, but also reserve a ticket for the corresponding date from the museum you are visiting. The library is not responsible for an individual's errors in booking and we cannot issue refunds. Please check individual museum websites for hours of operation and special events.
Rules About Booking
- Please be sure to read our Museum Pass policy before booking a pass.
- Families may reserve one museum pass per day; each individual museum pass may be reserved once per family, per month.
- Passes may be booked sixty days in advance.
- If passes have not been reserved by other patrons, same day walk-in reservations will be honored.
- Non-coupon passes must be returned by 10 am (1 on Sundays) the following day. There is a $10 per day fine for passes returned late. Lost passes will be charged a $25 replacement fee.
- If you've provided the library with your email address, you'll receive a confirmation email and a reminder notice three days before your pass is due to be picked up.
- In order to pick up a pass, you must present the library card used when placing the reservation.
- If you decide not to use a pass, please cancel with as much notice as possible. Cancellation may be made online or by phone. No-show reservations will result in the inability to make future reservations.
- Passes not picked up or cancelled by noon on the day of reservation (1:30 pm on Sundays) will be considered a No-show and released to the public.
Museum Pass Sponsors
Thanks to the generous donations of our sponsor(s) listed below, we are able to make these museum passes available to our patrons. If you would like to sponsor our museum pass program, please contact Michael Wick, Library Director.
- The Del Duca Family Charitable Trust
We would also like to thank our partners, which make additional tickets or services available to their institutions:
- Boston Children's Museum
- Boston Harbor Island Ferry
- Boston Harbor Islands
- Massachusetts State Parks
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Museum of Science
- New England Aquarium
- Peabody Essex Museum