Federal Taxes: Forms & Filing
Download Federal Tax Forms:
or call 1-800-829-3676
Order tax forms online
Forms will be mailed to you
To order, visit irs.gov/forms-pubs/order-products
File federal taxes online (e-filing):
Use Guided Tax Preparation if your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is less than $73,000 and Free File Fillable Forms if your income is greater.
For more information or to file online, visit irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
State Taxes: Forms & Filing
Download State Tax Forms & Instructions:
or call 1-800-392-6089
Large print forms
or email email@example.com
Filing State Taxes Online (e-filing):
Get Help With Your Taxes
Federal Live Telephone Assistance:
- Individuals: 1-800-829-1040 (English or Spanish)
- Businesses: 1-800-829-4933
- People who are hard of hearing: 1-800-829-4059 (TDD)
- All other languages: 833-553-9895
State Telephone Assistance:
- 617-887-6367 or 1-800-392-6089
- 9:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday
IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers
In-person tax help by appointment
Call 844-545-5640 to make an appointment. Before visiting an IRS Assistance Center, check the IRS website at irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-irs-office to make sure the center offers the help you need.
- 400 Trade Center Dr. Suite 330
- Open M-F 8:30am-1pm & 2pm-4:30pm
- JFK Federal Building, 15 Sudbury St.
- Open M-F 8:30am-4:30pm
Volunteer Income Assistance Program (VITA) & Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Program
These programs offer free tax help to individuals whose incomes are $58,000 or less, individuals with disabilities, and individuals for whom English is not their primary language.
For more information, to find a location near you, or to make an appointment, visit: irs.gov/individuals/free-tax-return-preparation-for-qualifying-taxpayers
or call 800-906-9887
This service will help anyone, but focuses on low to moderate income earners ages 50 or older.
For more information, visit aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide/
Tax Assistance through the Burlington Council on Aging
Available to older Burlington residents.
Call 781-270-1950 to make a half-hour appointment.
Taxpayer Advocacy Services
Taxpayer Advocate Service
helps with financial hardship issues, problems with the IRS system, and fair & equitable treatment issues:
or call 877-777-4778
- 310 Lowell St. Stop 120
- call 978-805-0745
- JFK Building, 15 Sudbury St.
- call 617-316-2690
Low Income Taxpayer Clinics (LTIC)
These clinics provide assistance to low-income individuals who need help resolving tax disputes or understanding taxpayer rights & responsibilities
- Asian American Civic Association LTIC
- call 617-426-9492
- Greater Boston Legal Services LTIC
- call 800-232-3205 or 617-371-1234
- Legal Services of Harvard Law School LTIC
- Jamaica Plain, MA
- call 866-738-8081 or 617-522-3003
- Northeast Legal Aid LTIC
- Lynn, MA
- call 978-458-1465
- Taxpayer Withholding Estimator - a step-by-step tool for estimating the amount of income tax to have withheld from your wages and other income
- MSN Money-Tax Center - up-to-date articles and expert advice on tax situations in many different languages
- Small Business & Self-Employed Tax Center - resources for the self-employed and for businesses with assets under $10 million
- Bankrate.com - articles & other resources on taxes
- J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax 2023 - find this book in the library here
- J.K. Lasser's 1001 Deductions & Tax Breaks 2023 - find this book in the library here @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>