Investment & Personal Finance Resources
- Personal finance on a low budget.
- Saving & making money, plus free courses.
- Economic outlook on news topics to inform decision-making.
- Financial information written for and by women.
- Financial guidance for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small-business owners.
- Free financial planning tools and guides.
- Financial comparisons, can ask financial advisors questions.
- Aggregates financial rate information.
Apps for Phone & Tablet
- syncs with your bank to track spending and subscriptions
- create a zero-based budget and update manually throughout the month
- budget and expense tracking with expense reports, links with bank account
- budgeting app for couples
- simple manual budgeting app
- Company profiles & news, industry & historical info, SEC filings, analyst coverage, stock & mutual fund screeners.
- Market analysis with news and commentary. Has stock and mutual fund screeners.
- Covers business & investment news, markets, personal finance info. Has up-to-date stock market data.
- Includes analyses, articles, and information on stocks, futures, options, commodities, as well as an economic calendar.
Apps for Phone & Tablet
CNBC: Business & Stock News
- Real-time market coverage and breaking news alerts.
Bloomberg: Finance Market News
- Stay updated on financial topics and the stock market.
- Financial and market news and analysis.
- Stock alerts and access to research on stocks and funds.
- Follow stocks and receive real-time updates.
Databases can be found here, under the tabs "Business & Finance" and "Consumer Information."
- Searchable collection of business profiles, contact information, and jobs.
- Data on stocks, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds. Remote access for Burlington cardholders.
- Ratings, product reviews, and buying advice from experts. Remote access for Burlington cardholders. Find the print magazines at the library!
Magazines & Newspapers
- Investors Business Weekly
- Wall Street Journal
- Banker & Tradesman
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Standard and Poor’s Outlook (Newsletter)
- Value Line Investment Survey (regular edition and small & midcap edition)
Books at the Library
Books on Personal Finance
Making the Most of Your Money Now by Jane Bryant Quinn
A personal finance guidebook to help readers make all the financial decisions that are part of life's stages - savings, retirement, bank fees, divorce, real estate, financial planning, and more.
I Will Teach You to be Rich by Ramit Sethi
A six-week program to get your finances back on track, including saving more per month, getting a good bank account, eliminating student debt, and negotiating a raise at work.
Women With Money by Jean Sherman Chatzky
Useful not only for women, this three part personal finance plan written by a financial editor seeks to help readers re-evaluate their relationship with money and get what they want out of life.
Financial Feminist by Tori Dunlap
A personal finance book where Dunlap's principles are presented in a judgement and shame free way, tackling financial barriers and inequalities.
The Simple Path to Wealth by J.L. Collins
Inspired by letters from his daughter, Collins gives readers the same financial advice he gave her, presented in a simple and easy-to-understand way.
The Path by Peter Mallouk
Real-life success stories and lessons to give readers the help they need to manage their finances.
The Latte Factor by David Bach and John David Mann
"Three Secrets to Financial Freedom" explained through a story about young professional Zoey and her finance mentor.
The Index Card by Helaine Olen and Harold Pollack
In order to uncomplicate personal finance, Olen and Pollack present ten rules to follow to gain back control of one's finances.
Personal Finance for Dummies by Eric Tyson
Expert advice for the financially conscious reader - learn about credit scores, investing, financial fitness, and more.
Books on Investing
The Elements of Investing by Burton G. Malkiel and Charles D. Ellis
A short and to-the-point guide on investing - and winning at investing.
Stocks for the Long Run by Jeremy J. Siegel
Siegel answers all of readers stock market questions and discusses 21st century financial events.
The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by John C. Bogle
Learn how to successfully do index investing, as well as gain a myriad of other investing advice.
How to Invest by David M. Rubenstein
Rubenstein explores commonalities between famous and successful investors with information from his interviews with finance's global leaders.
Smart Women Love Money by Alice Finn
Finn presents five rules of investing for women in any stage of life that will help readers protect and grow their assets no matter how much money they have.
Jim Cramer's Get Rich Carefully by Jim CramerA cautious approach to growing long-lasting wealth that uses high-yields, low-risk investing.
Unshakeable by Tony RobbinsGuidance on how to protect your investments and gain wealth despite frequent stock market changes.
Books on Retirement
The Smartest Retirement Book You'll Ever Read by David R. Solin
Short chapters on commonly faced financial retirement issues. Some topics are not covered in-depth, but the advice Solin provides is straightforward and easily digestible.
The Charles Schwab Guide to Finances After Fifty by Carrie Schwab-Pomerantz
Advice on navigating financial decisions when assets need to be both grown and protected - learn how to balance medical expenses, college tuition, downsizing, savings, and much more.
Retire Inspired by Chris E. Hogan
With the mindset that retirement is a financial number rather than an age, Hogan explains how to plan and get the most out of retirement.
How to Make Your Money Last by Jane Bryant Quinn
Quinn teaches readers how to re-look at their savings and investments in order to make sure you still have spending money decades into retirement.
- Stock market simulator, investing & trading courses, the basics of investing and personal finance.
- Financial tools and calculators, quizzes, and resources for understanding and getting started with investing.
- Online forums and info on investing, personal finance, and stock market. Has two podcasts.
- Find the best investing platforms and services.